This is an officially certified Patients Included conference.
The following people participated in organizing the Conference:
As patients are at the centre of our priorities, we are proud to announce that the 10th International Shared Decision Making Conference will be a certified Patients Included event, attesting to our commitment to include the experiences and insight of patients as the experts in their own health conditions. We will ensure that patients will not be either exploited or excluded during the conference.
For more information on the program, please see the Patients Included website.
To achieve Patients Included status, an organization must meet all five criteria of the Patients Included Charter. They are listed below, along with the measures taken to meet them.
1. Patients or caregivers with experience relevant to the conference’s central theme actively participate in the design and planning of the event, including the selection of themes, topics and speakers.
Patient partners are present on all conference committees (organizing, scientific and international) and participate actively in all their decisions. They are involved in selecting speakers, the call for abstracts and the selection of presentations submitted, so that the conference program reflects the diversity and reach of current shared decision making research. They will also advise on best practices for engaging patient partners in the conference.
2. Patients or caregivers with experience of the issues addressed by the event participate in its delivery, and appear in its physical audience.
Patients will make presentations both in plenary and panel sessions, in which they will have the opportunity to share their experiences and involvement in different research projects, as well as the concrete benefits observed.They may also moderate other sessions. Patients are invited to attend the conference as audience, participate in sessions and ask questions during question periods.
3. Travel and accommodation expenses for patients or carers participating in the advertised programme are paid in full, in advance. Scholarships are provided by the conference organizers to allow patients or carers affected by the relevant issues to attend as delegates.
There will be a reduced registration fee for patient participants. The organization will offer as many scholarships for patient participants as possible within our budget. These scholarships will cover registration, travel, accommodation and meals, which will be entirely reimbursed. Any patient or caregiver with experience relevant to the conference’s central theme is eligible to apply. To submit your application, complete the Application form and send it back by email at email@example.com by April 14, 2019, 11:59 pm EDT. Successful applicants will be notified by email from April 23, 2019. Best of luck!
The application process is now closed. We would like to thank everybody who applied! We will soon be in touch with all patients to inform them about the status of their application.
4. The disability requirements of participants are accommodated. All applicable sessions, breakouts, ancillary meetings, and other programme elements are open to patient delegates.
The Conference will take place at Université Laval campus, at the Ferdinand-Vandry and Alexandre-Vachon Buildings. These are equipped with elevators, access ramps, automatic doors and toilets designed to meet the needs of people with disabilities. For more information see the Guide d'accessibilité architecturale (French only) or contact us by email at ISDM2019@fmed.ulaval.ca to request assistance.
5. Access for virtual participants is facilitated, with free streaming video provided online wherever possible.
With permission from the speakers, plenary sessions will be filmed and uploaded to the internet after the conference. Links to the filmed presentations will be available on the conference website. The hashtag #ISDM2019 will be used to virtually promote the event and share discussions. Scientific content and exchange can thus be discussed by people not able to attend in person.