Abstract Submission for the
IDF International Cheese Science and Technology Symposium 2020
We are pleased to announce this Call for Abstracts for the IDF International Cheese Science and Technology Symposium 2020.
Co-organized by FIL-IDF Canada and the Quebec STELA Dairy Research Centre of Université Laval, the 2020 edition of the IDF International Cheese Science and Technology Symposium will gather international scientific and industrial cheese experts to share the latest research findings and technology innovations.
Extension - Call for Abstracts - Conference
New deadline December 15, 2019
Submit your abstract here.
- The Scientific Committee invites proposals for abstracts on topics of interest concerning the cheese sciences. Proposals in the form of conference and poster presentation will be evaluated.
- Abstracts must be submitted using the electronic form on this website. No other form will be accepted.
- All the information needed for submission is indicated in the form and the mandatory fields must all be filled in order to complete the submission process.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- No changes can be made in the abstract once the deadline has passed.
The Symposium Program will held 6 scientific conference session:
- Cheese microbial ecology: Starters, adjunct and indigenous microbiota
- Cheese Technology: Process efficiency and innovative approaches
- Ripening, flavor and cheese authenticity
- Cheese texture
- Functionality, nutrition and health
- Innovation and consumer-centric approach to research
Choice of the type of presentation (conference or poster)
- Abstract proposals can be made for both conference and poster communications.
- When submitting your abstract please check the type of communication you want (or both).
- Following the closure of oral communications, an evaluation of the abstracts will be conducted and confirmation of acceptance of the abstracts will be communicated by email.
- Abstracts that will unfortunately not be selected for a conference, may be the subject of a poster presentation following a favorable opinion of the scientific committee.
- Oral presentations will take place in the main conference room at Château Frontenac.
- Audiovisual equipment including a laser pointer a podium a microphone an LCD projector and a screen will be provided to the presenters.
- The exact duration of the lectures is to be determined and will depend on the number of abstracts accepted, but the typical presentations will have a duration of 15 minutes.
Abstract Guidelines and Recommandations
Abstracts must be informative enough to allow for a scientific evaluation of the content. Abstracts should contain the following information:
- An abstract of 300 words maximum is required.
- The abstract must support one of the symposium's theme.
- A general introduction to contextualize the project.
- The hypothesis and main objectives of the study.
- A summary of the results presented.
- A brief discussion of results and their importance.
- The abstract must not contain tables or figures.
Notice of Receipt and of Acceptance of the Abstracts
- An automatic e-mail indicating that your abstract has been registered in the computer system will be sent to you when the form is properly completed.
- A notice of acceptance will be sent to the email address provided on the form (see dates below).
- All speakers and presenters (oral presentations or poster presentations) must register on the symposium website and pay registration fees.
Important Deadline dates
Abstracts - Oral Presentations.................December 15, 2019
Abstracts - Posters...................................January 15, 2020
Notification of Acceptance - (Oral).............February 1, 2020
Notification of Acceptance - (Poster)........February 15, 2020
End of Early Bird Registration........................March 1, 2020
|Steve Labrie, Chair
||STELA-INAF, Université Laval,
||Agroscope - Berne
|David W. Everett
||STLO - INRA
||University of Guelph
||Fonterra Co-operative Groupe Ltd
|Mark E. Johnson,
||Center for Dairy Research, Wisconsin
||University College Cork
||Cyprus University of Technology
||Norwegian University of Life Sciences