The Quebec Network of Junior Pain Investigators (QNJPI) is proud to announce the 4th PAINtalks edition, which will take place in Montreal (Ampitheatre Gesù, 1200 Rue de Bleury), in the evening of November 23rd, 2019.
This bilingual and free initiative is inspired by TED-style presentations and aims to provide the audience with presentations focused on the field of pain. Speakers are asked to discuss controversies and advances in the field of pain. A live translation service will be offered to non-bilingual people.
The presentations will start at 18h00 and will conclude with a casual cocktail.
For more information, please visit our website : https://qnjpi-rqecd.ca/paintalks-2019/
Or contact us : firstname.lastname@example.org
17h30 : Doors opening
18h00 : Opening ceremony
18h30 : Matthieu Vincenot (French)
- A personalised pain medicine – Utopia or truth?
18h45 : Junie Carriere (English)
- What do you expect? How your expectations can shape your recovery
19h00 : Fannie Allen Demers (French)
- What if chronic pain no longer meant suffering?
19h15 : Pierre Rainville (French)
- Hypnosis and pain: the paradox of self-regulation with no control
19h30 : Yvonne Brandelli (English)
- When what helps hurts
19h45 : Break
20h15 : Don Daniel Ocay (English)
- Breaking their silence: Are we doing enough for the kids?
20h30 : Geneviève Filion (French)
- Re-live through neuroplasticity
20h45 : Marie-Pierre Cyr (French)
- Pain during sex: how to get out of the nightmare?
21h00 : Jamie Katherine Moy (English)
- An elephant never forgets anything… except pain?
21h15 : Eloise Carr (English)
- How to Optimize Human-Animal Pain Interactions (HAPI)
for People Who Have Chronic Pain and Live with a Dog
21h30 : Closing, and cocktail
Amphithéâtre Gesù, Montréal, QC, Canada
1200 Rue de Bleury
Canada, H3B 3J3