The pediatric nephrology department of CHU Sainte-Justine, in association with McGill University, are organizing on May 1st, 2019, the first Québec family cystinosis day.
It will consist on a training activity program with conferences dedicated to parents of children with nephropathic cystinosis. Health professionals, nurses, psychologists, dieticians, ophthalmologists, pediatric and adult nephrologists, internists as well as researchers will also be invited.
Topics on schedule :
- Renal transplantation in nephropathic cystinosis
- Pediatric to adult transition care in patient with nephropathic cystinosis
- Therapeutic perspective for patients with the nonsense mutation
- Futures therapies for cystinotic patients such as stem cell support
- Psychologicals aspects of patients with Cystinosis
- Challenges of treatment with Cystagon and Procysbi
- Pharmacologicals aspects
- Researchs in Canada
- Discussion regarding the need of a cystinotic Québec / Canadian association
- Dr Paul Goodyear, McGill University
- Dre Aicha Merouani, CHU Sainte-Justine
- Dr Paul Grimm (United States)
- Dre Corinne Antignac (France)
- Dre Elena Levichenko (Belgium)
Registration is free but required. Please register here >>
The best option to get to CHU Sainte-Justine is by public transportation. The hospital is accessible by bus (129) or by metro (Université de Montréal metro station). A paying parking lot is also accessible via Chemin de la Côte Sainte-Catherine entrance.
May 1 2019
CHU Sainte-Justine (Amphithéâtre 250, bloc 11)
3175 Chemin de la Côte-Sainte-Catherine
Canada, H3T 1C5
Feb 6 2019 (12:00 EST) to Apr 28 2019 (23:45 EDT)